Wednesday 27 February 2008

Why blog, Dan?

This is the first question I was asked after informing my friends that I was planning to start writing a football based blog on the Internet. So, why blog? Frustration. Anger. Resentment. I'm not too sure. Something about the way the F.A is currently running the professional game in England is making me angry beyond belief. But what will blogging possibly do to correct the F.A's many flaws? Probably nothing, but there is only so long that one can sit on one's hands before deciding that enough is enough.

If I can vent and in doing so find people of similar beliefs then maybe we can make a change for the better. I live very much in a world where I believe in the power of people. The F.A may be about as detached from proper football fans as it is possible to be, but unless fans use all the resources available to them to try to have the F.A understand their viewpoints then nothing is going to change.

I will not just be writing about the F.A. I will be blogging about all aspects of the modern game, from the top, with my views on the so called Big Four, down to the very bottom, with my views on the grass root games and whether, as is currently being argued on Sky Sports News, children under the age of 11 should be allowed to play 11 a side competitive games. I encourage debate and feedback on any posts, however against my own view it may be.

I have played, watched and loved football practically since birth and I hate the path that the game is being led down now. Sadly, I think it may be too late to turn back.

No comments: